Next week, more than 4,000 digital retail pros will head to the Mile High City for Shop.org’s flagship event, the Shop.org Annual Summit. Our agenda is chock full of the latest tactics and trends driving digital retail today, the weather is forecast to be beautiful and we can’t wait to see everyone in Denver.
If you’re one of the lucky ones coming to the show, here’s what you need to know before you pack your bags and take off.
1. Download the free mobile app now. While using this app, you’ll probably say “cool” out loud at least once. It’s handy to help you plan your schedule, locate exhibitors and find your way around. Take a couple of minutes to play with it now, and you’ll zip right through the show. Pro tip: Even if you’re an EXPO-only attendee, download the app and use the EXPO map feature to find exhibitors or learn more about BIG !deas sessions.
3. Take advantage of the extra stuff. The Doctor Is In one-on-one web critiques for retailers are still available (and free for retailers with a full-conference pass). These 20-minute, individual sessions will give you super-specific advice from someone who normally charges for that kind of thing. Pro tip: Advance registration is closed, but there are slots still open. You can sign up on the EXPO floor on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Also, there’s more than 200 exhibitors out there on the EXPO, but the Retailer Help Desk and FitForCommerce will save you time by showing you which booths are relevant for you and your business.
And finally, if you’re coming a day early, consider registering for the Digital Retail Boot Camp for an intense day of best practices and online marketing tactics.
4. We’re live-streaming nine sessions from the Summit. If they can’t join you at the Summit, tell your colleagues and associates back at the office to tune in for these keynotes and selected sessions live from Denver. Pro tip: Session recordings are available for purchase in the Presentation Package.
5. Work the amenities. We’ve really pulled out all the stops this year. There’s a complimentary satellite luggage check where you can also print your boarding pass; a creative lounge where you can always grab a soda and comfy chair; and even a private room for nursing mothers – all to make your experience hassle-free. Check the maps and take advantage of them. Pro tip: Make sure to print your registration confirmation email with barcode so you can zip through the Express Registration line like a VIP.
6. Don’t miss the receptions. These are the best places to build relationships and kick back with other attendees. Start things off with food and drinks in the EXPO hall on Monday night. Then, Tuesday night, don’t miss the reception and dinner, which has an “Extreme Colorado” theme featuring a BMX demo, rock climbing wall and local microbrew tasting stations. Pro tip: Tuesday night’s reception will be held outside on the grass, so bring a jacket and opt for flats that day. The event is included for full-conference attendees, but others can purchase tickets at the Registration Desk.
7. Denver is a fun and beautiful city—enjoy it! Check out these tips from some Denver-based retailers to make the most of your stay in the Mile High City. Sports fans are in luck—the Broncos play the Steelers at home on Sunday, and the Rockies start a series at home against the Giants on Monday.
8. Read the blog posts. Check out our recent posts related to the event, and follow this blog during and after the conference for show coverage.
We’ll see you in Denver!