February was a month of learning from the past and looking forward to the future for digital retailers. Two of the hottest items this month at Shop.org included a look back at the digital highs and lows of 2010, as well as a forward-looking post on what the 2010 holiday season means for 2011. Read on for a list of what your digital retail peers found most valuable for the month of February.
- Shop.org’s February webinar on the 2010 Digital Year in Review featuring comScore Executive Chairman and Founder Gian Fulgoni is still available for member playback. Not a member? Read the recap.
- The results of Shop.org’s post-holiday survey are in, and our Head of Research, Fiona Swerdlow, has compiled three trends to help you plan for Holiday 2011.
- Always a favorite, the Shop.org Job Board was an especially hot item for the month of February. See who’s hiring right now.
- During the month of February, Shop.org hosted sold-out networking dinners in Palm Springs and Los Angeles. Upcoming stops for March include Seattle, San Francisco, Dallas and Austin. View the full Spring schedule.
- There were four new white paper submissions to the Shop.org library last month. Topics include: a case study on going global, a look at long-term mobile strategy and two papers on consumer behavior. Visit the white paper library.
Top retail news stories from Shop.org SmartBrief:
- The psychology behind the success of daily-deal sites
- Will Facebook emerge as a key e-commerce player?
- Study: E-commerce sales will hit $279 billion in 2015
- More merchants test in-store iPads to boost sales
- Groupon defends controversial Super Bowl spots
Our favorite member tweet from February:
- @Forrester: Forbes runs down the digital marketing to do’s for the CMO, courtesy of @cjstutzman http://forr.com/eBR3lv
Want more industry news and resources from last month? Check out NRF’s What’s Hot for February 2011.