Now that the Shop.org Summit is over, how much do you remember from this year’s event? Take this short quiz to find out. (You don’t need to have been at the event to do well on this quiz, but of course it helps…)
1. Who was the very first person to speak from the main stage on the first day of the Summit?
A. Rich Last
B. Scott Silverman
C. Terry Lundgren
D. Larry Joseloff
2. What was the official Shop.org Summit Twitter hash tag during the event?
3. According to Kelly Mooney, the iPhone is the new ____ to today’s teenagers:
4. How much money has eBay made this year through its iPhone app?
B. $124 million
C. $386 million
D. $1.1 billion
5. Who sponsored the Shop.org blog during the Summit?
B. Amazon Payments
C. Forrester Research
6. Who said, “the best retailers view their stores as a show”?
A. Scott Silverman
B. Susan Lyne
C. Terry Lundgren
D. Kelly Mooney
7. How many exhibitors were on the EXPO floor at this year’s Summit?
8. According to the video shown between Terry Lundgren’s and Sucharita Mulpuru’s keynotes, it took 38 years for radio to reach 50 million users. How long did it take Facebook to reach the same point?
A. Five years
B. Two years
C. One year
D. Nine months
9. What was free on the EXPO floor?
D. All of the above
10. As a part of its marketing campaign, Shop.org touted that retailers could attend the Summit for less than…what?
11. How many times in his keynote session did John Donahoe say, “We are not a retailer”?
12. Macy’s CEO Terry Lundgren says every dollar spent online influences how much in stores over the next ten days?
13. How did Shop.org choose to commemorate the life of Alan Rimm-Kaufman at the Summit?
A. Donation to Shop.org Scholarship Fund
B. Be the Match bone marrow donation
C. Event at the Beach
D. Ice cream sandwiches on the EXPO floor
14. The goal of Macy’s “Come Together” campaign is to provide how many meals to the hungry in America?
A. Two million
B. Five million
C. 7.5 million
D. Ten million
15. What product is seeing double-digit growth on drugstore.com as a result of the recession?
B. Sleep aids
C. Ramen noodles
D. Diet supplements
16. What was served at the Tuesday night event at the Beach?
A. Lobster tail
17. Sales of private-label products on drugstore.com grew how much in the first quarter?
18. How many people attended this year’s Summit?
19. By her estimates, how much e-commerce spend did Forrester’s Sucharita Mulpuru say occurs on manufacturers’ websites?
20. Where will next year’s Shop.org Summit be held?
A. Las Vegas
Ok, time for the results…!
2. A — If you said, “B”, give yourself half a point. That was the hash tag before the show.
8. D – actually, it was less than nine months, but if I would have spelled it out, that would have been a huge clue, wouldn’t it?
18-20: Congratulations! You’re a Shop.org Summit superstar.
15-17: An impressive showing
10-14: Better luck next year
6-9: You must have overslept and missed the riveting morning keynotes
0-5: Ouch. Don’t show your boss.